Insurance invailid

For discussing walling related subjects not included in other headings.

Insurance invailid

Postby phil » Thu Feb 12, 2015 8:30 pm

Just recently, I heard a radio program discussing how a sticker on you car, can invalid your vehicle insurance. So as I had 2 magnetic signs on mine, I phoned my insurance company to cover myself. Low and behold these magnetic signs are classed as a modifications to my vehicle, and should have been declared. The reason given were that it could make my car a target for anyone with a grudge against me, or dry stone Waller's in general. and to keep my car covered, I would have to pay out a extra £255.00. And what about my support the life boat sticker I asked. Again I was told this would invalidate my insurance should a accident occur. sarcastically I asked if there are known individuals that take to vandalising charity stickers with a hatred to life boats. The stern reply was, if anything is added to the car i.e. sticker. it will be treated as a modification, and will make my insurance invalid.`
This may sound rather far fetched, but to the cost of a vicar that had a humours religious stick on her car. it wasn't that funny when she had a accident, and found the insurance refused to pay out. so to all you Waller's with a DSWA sticker on your vehicle, this act of charity could cost you dearly.
phil
Active Subscriber
Active Subscriber

Re: Insurance invailid

Postby Weardale90 » Fri Feb 13, 2015 6:17 pm

oh dear.

Maybe I should consider taking off my 'Hedgehog Preservation Society' sticker encase someone begrudges Hedgehogs and vandalises my car.
Weardale90
Regular Subscriber
Regular Subscriber

Postby Nigel » Fri Feb 13, 2015 10:00 pm

National trust sticker in the window?
ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ
Nigel
Administrator
Administrator

Postby phil » Sat Feb 14, 2015 8:16 pm

Nice one Nigel. But after giving it a lot of thought, i wont be offering any comment Re NT stickers. A real pity As i could have resurrected the old hedge hog joke. After phoning around, i did find a insurance company that said the signs are not a issue. Not only that they were a £100.00 cheaper than my original insurance firm. Happy Days eh. But be warned readers. check with your insurance company, it could cost you,especially if the accident was your fault.
phil
Active Subscriber
Active Subscriber

Postby Rachelbg » Mon Oct 31, 2016 6:42 pm

phil wrote:Just recently, I heard a radio program discussing how a sticker on you car, can invalid your vehicle insurance. So as I had 2 magnetic signs on mine, I phoned my insurance company to cover myself. Low and behold these magnetic signs are classed as a modifications to my vehicle, and should have been declared. The reason given were that it could make my car a target for anyone with a grudge against me, or dry stone Waller's in general. and to keep my car covered, I would have to pay out a extra £255.00. And what about my support the life boat sticker I asked. Again I was told this would invalidate my insurance should a accident occur. sarcastically I asked if there are known individuals that take to vandalising charity stickers with a hatred to life boats. The stern reply was, if anything is added to the car i.e. sticker. it will be treated as a modification, and will make my insurance invalid.`
This may sound rather far fetched, but to the cost of a vicar that had a humours religious stick on her car. it wasn't that funny when she had a accident, and found the insurance refused to pay out. so to all you Waller's with a DSWA sticker on your vehicle, this act of charity could cost you dearly.

I didn't know about this...
I'll contact my insurance company as soon as possible!
Thanks for sharing :)
Rachelbg

Postby david perry » Tue Nov 01, 2016 10:00 pm

I heard the story re the vicar, a couple of weeks later I had a minor bump. Luckily I'd removed my nice vinyl logo a few days after the vicar story. .!! I guess its just algorithms or as cynic would say (so would I), an excuse to bump your premium up.
I just like stone!!

Click the globe in the bottom right corner to see my blogg
david perry
Active Subscriber
Active Subscriber

Return to General Discussion