British Summertime

Matters relating to health and safety for working wallers.

British Summertime

Postby Tracey B » Sat Jul 14, 2007 8:29 pm

Anyone who works outside is within their rights to be complaining about our lack of summer this year. It is meant to be our upside to surviving the winter. However, speaking as a sun worshipper who can't resist the temptation to get out in a vest and shorts I'd have to say that it might be a blessing in disguise.
I recently saw my doctor about a small mark on my face which he says is almost certainly caused by overexposure to sunshine and will have to be removed. he told me off for not using Factor 30 suncream and only wearing a hat in really blistering heat. I need to cover up more. So be warned all you working wallers, get sensible i.e. not like me.
Tracey B
Active Subscriber
Active Subscriber

Postby Tracey B » Sat Jul 14, 2007 8:32 pm

P.S. As you can see, my dog uses a facepack of compost to protect herself coz she is smarter than I am.
Tracey B
Active Subscriber
Active Subscriber

Re: British Summertime

Postby radjinimoore » Thu Sep 15, 2011 4:35 pm

That's good.Thanks for sharing.Overexposure of sunshine is not good for us.Especially if you are using something that will harm your skin.We have to use suncream that is safe to use.It will us to protect our skin.
radjinimoore

Postby Nigel » Thu Sep 15, 2011 7:03 pm

I didn't see this earlier in the year, I am hoping that you have had your op and are recovering.

About 5 years ago I took my Father in for a similar operation, he does not have much hair on top and I am getting thinner, ever since then I have worn a hat when outside, I am getting quite used to it, I would have to say that after spending a lot of this summer working on a wall in a wood, I have not seen much of the sun and today had my top off as it was glorious this afternoon.

I am however thinking of getting some sun some-place warm in the next six months as I would imagine that it will either be a miserable summer next year or a wonderful one and I will find another wall to build in some woods some-place.
ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ
Nigel
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Tracey B » Sun Sep 18, 2011 7:27 am

Thanks but this was posted in 2007.
(The health alarm came to nowt, just an old lady blemish type of thing!)
Tracey B
Active Subscriber
Active Subscriber

Postby George Gunn » Fri Oct 07, 2011 8:06 pm

The need to be careful with the UV's is still important. I had a bit of my ear taken out for a test a few years ago but it was OK. As a fair skinned bloke I know that burning happens even on overcast days. It depends on the UV 's and the old hole in the ozone layer moving South now and again. :wink:
George Gunn
Active Subscriber
Active Subscriber

Return to Health & Safety