cscs

Rules and regulations in relation to walling/dyking.

cscs

Postby donald » Fri Aug 21, 2009 7:47 pm

Rules and regulations exist, Quote... "it is a fool who does not prepare for future battle"
Maximus cloaca xxxviiilmmmvxxx
donald

Re: cscs

Postby donald » Fri Aug 21, 2009 9:15 pm

Good news on CSCS safety cards ,www.cscs. com

After numerous calls to CSCS and emails I contacted some other bodies to push the issue, CSCS got back with some positive stuff, after 3 months, previously the cscs card was needed for access to a building site... this may eventually extend to all construction...field wallers, so wer'e looking out for all sides to walling!!

keeping abreast of the dread rules and regs, no matter how painful, So, after many calls, emails, etc, the craft of drystone walling is to be included alongside the likes of thatching, cornish hedging, cob building, etc, it is only through these forward looking craftsmen and women that drystone walling can be ranked alongside them, they have been at the cutting edge of accepting forthcoming legislation, and making plans for the future, something Walling, as a craft,, unfortunately fails to accept.
But, on a brighter note now CSCS knows dsw exists at least we can be in contact.....next regulation anyone........................?
Fed up of rules, but batting hard,
Donald :|
donald

Postby donald » Mon Aug 31, 2009 11:12 pm

Until CSCS cards are available for those wallers working in the constructon industry, they can apply for a Mason's operative, or Labourer, there should be a Heritage skills card available before 2010 specifically for walling...like other trades like cob building..that is if nobody minds this happening...
donald

Postby Gordon » Tue Jun 28, 2011 8:29 pm

Hi Donald, I was just wondering if you could help out with some advice on CSCS cards for dry stone wallers? I'm trying to get one at the moment but i don't think there is a category for wallers yet? I looked at the heritage skills card but this seems to require the NVQ level 3 Heritage Skills - Dry Stone and not a dswa/lantra qualification? I don't know whether i've just got confused by it all or whether the dswa qualifications don't entitle you to a cscs card? Any advice will be appreciated. Many thanks
Gordon
Gordon
Regular Subscriber
Regular Subscriber

Return to Construction Industry