Walling at Pannal Golf Club, Harrogate

Public and professional enquiries and services related to walling/dyking.

Walling at Pannal Golf Club, Harrogate

Postby Mike Hudson » Wed Apr 03, 2013 9:05 pm

We have several areas of stone walling which are in need of repair/maintenance at our Golf Club.
I am Chairman of Greens, and wondered if you have any students or workers who may wish to use our course for training purposes.
If so, please contact me at Michaelhud50n@talktalk.net
Many thanks,
Mike
Mike Hudson

Re: Walling at Pannal Golf Club, Harrogate

Postby Tracey B » Sun Apr 07, 2013 5:01 pm

Hello Mike and thanks for posting. But without wishing to sound peremptory the DSWA prefers only to support charitable or worthwhile community projects.
Given that Pannal golf club is in a position to charge an £1118 annual membership fee, I would suggest it would be more appropriate for you to seek a Professional dry stone waller, preferably one certified by the DSWA thereby ensuring the work is done to a reputable standard.
It always surprises me that whilst plumbers, electricians, plasterers etc are not invited to work for free in pursuit of 'practicing' their trade, it is often assumed that nascent wallers are eager to do exactly that.
You will find a list of suitably qualified professional contractors on the home page of the DSWA website.
Tracey B
Active Subscriber
Active Subscriber

Postby George Gunn » Sun Apr 07, 2013 11:57 pm

Well said Tracey.
George Gunn
Active Subscriber
Active Subscriber

Postby jim scott » Tue Apr 09, 2013 6:38 pm

Spot on Tracy,
These people seem to think that there are squads out there ready to jump in and do the jobs for nothing,as you say there are plenty of good charitable causes out there,to get practice days organised,if I took up all the offers of free dykes to practice on,I would be working all the time for free,

Jim
jim scott
Active Subscriber
Active Subscriber

Return to Walling Services Offered/Required