Calling pro wallers in West Yorkshire area.

Public and professional enquiries and services related to walling/dyking.

Calling pro wallers in West Yorkshire area.

Postby Tracey B » Sun Aug 10, 2014 6:42 pm

This email has been received by Otley and Yorkshire Dales Branch secretary. Any takers for a professionally paid up member?

"I wonder if you were able to help me by forwarding this email to any wallers who may be able to do some work for me, on my farm just east of Ilkley.

I have a length of about eighty metres of dry stone wall to be rebuilt. I have had additional stone tipped alongside so there is plenty to go at. The only problem is that the stone is pretty bulky and it would take either a very strong chap or more likely two people working together and using a bar to move the largest pieces.

Eighty metres is quite a big job so it would probably best suit professionals, although there may be some keen part timers who may be interested.

Probably the best thing would be for anyone interested to go and have a look at it - no need to contact me to arrange this. The site is accessible on foot from the Ilkley moor road (walk down the tree lined track heading north, about a quarter of a mile east of the Cow and Calf Hotel - the field is on the right hand (Otley) side and the wall is fairly obvious). Alternatively, drive two thirds of the way up Ben Rhydding Drive, Ilkley, and turn right up the Tarmac surfaced road just after Uplands. Continue on through the metal gate (rocker switch to open) and head uphill towards the moor. The wall is in the field on the LHS (Otley side), before reaching the moor wall and wooden gate.

I have been employing a chap called David Jacques to do walling for me but he is a bit over committed to take this on at the moment and I think he is concerned about the size of the stones for a chap of his age......

I really wanted this done this year, hence my search for another waller to take this on. I am actually a member of the DWSA but this is much too big a job for me and I have spent far too many years contemplating it without making a start on it. Hence the desire to get some professional help.

I hope you are able to think of some members who may be keen to take this on.

Many thanks!"

Alastair Sim
Newstead
Ben Rhydding Drive
Ilkley
LS29 8BQ
Telephone 01943 609788
Tracey B
Active Subscriber
Active Subscriber

Re: Calling pro wallers in West Yorkshire area.

Postby dyker41 » Fri Aug 15, 2014 5:04 pm

Tracey B wrote:This email has been received by Otley and Yorkshire Dales Branch secretary. Any takers for a professionally paid up member?

"I wonder if you were able to help me by forwarding this email to any wallers who may be able to do some work for me, on my farm just east of Ilkley.

I have a length of about eighty metres of dry stone wall to be rebuilt. I have had additional stone tipped alongside so there is plenty to go at. The only problem is that the stone is pretty bulky and it would take either a very strong chap or more likely two people working together and using a bar to move the largest pieces.

Eighty metres is quite a big job so it would probably best suit professionals, although there may be some keen part timers who may be interested.

Probably the best thing would be for anyone interested to go and have a look at it - no need to contact me to arrange this. The site is accessible on foot from the Ilkley moor road (walk down the tree lined track heading north, about a quarter of a mile east of the Cow and Calf Hotel - the field is on the right hand (Otley) side and the wall is fairly obvious). Alternatively, drive two thirds of the way up Ben Rhydding Drive, Ilkley, and turn right up the Tarmac surfaced road just after Uplands. Continue on through the metal gate (rocker switch to open) and head uphill towards the moor. The wall is in the field on the LHS (Otley side), before reaching the moor wall and wooden gate.

I have been employing a chap called David Jacques to do walling for me but he is a bit over committed to take this on at the moment and I think he is concerned about the size of the stones for a chap of his age......

I really wanted this done this year, hence my search for another waller to take this on. I am actually a member of the DWSA but this is much too big a job for me and I have spent far too many years contemplating it without making a start on it. Hence the desire to get some professional help.

I hope you are able to think of some members who may be keen to take this on.

Many thanks!"

Alastair Sim
Newstead
Ben Rhydding Drive
Ilkley
LS29 8BQ
Telephone 01943 609788
dyker41
Regular Subscriber
Regular Subscriber

Re: Calling pro wallers in West Yorkshire area.

Postby dyker41 » Tue Aug 19, 2014 8:27 pm

hi there can you call me rob ogg am very interested in the job
dyker41
Regular Subscriber
Regular Subscriber

Return to Walling Services Offered/Required