Experience Needed

Public and professional enquiries and services related to walling/dyking.

Experience Needed

Postby Dirk62 » Fri Apr 17, 2015 11:34 pm

I am currently working full time in an office and desperate to change direction to walling. I have been walling as a hobby for the last 5 years and have done the DSWA Beginners Course. I'm currently training for the Lantra Level 1 qualification. Exam is at the beginning of July.

I would love to be able to work with a professional waller to gain experience, not only of walling, but of all aspects of the walling business; how to work out estimates/quotes for jobs, how/where to source stone, administrative details such as personal injury insurance, etc.

I am based in Chesterfield, Derbyshire and am interested in acting as an unpaid 'apprentice' to any local wallers needing a bit of help. As I said, I currently work full time (still got to pay the bills unfortunately!), so can really only work weekends at the moment. I plan to reduce my hours and hopefully free up one or two days a week from August (if I can), so should have more time available from then. The plan is to jack in the office job completely and wall full time (hedging in the winter months).

If anyone can offer me any work it would be massively appreciated, so please get in touch.

Thanks very much,

Derek Mitchell

Re: Experience Needed

Postby Nigel » Thu Apr 23, 2015 8:24 pm

See duplicate thread here

ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ

Return to Walling Services Offered/Required