Possible updates to www.dswa.org.uk website

General information relating to this board.

Possible updates to www.dswa.org.uk website

Postby Nigel » Tue Jan 24, 2012 8:10 pm

Dear All,

Ray Stockall has asked if he can have your ideas as per the letter below. This was sent out to all the Trustees to be passed on to their local Branches. I apreciate that this might not have been done in all cases yet due to Holidays and other commitments.

It is now our turn here in our little 'cyber' Branch to have a think about what might be good to have on the site. Could you please read Ray's letter and if you have any suggestions, post them here.

The Trustee Board is looking to update the DSWA GB website and make it more informative and hopefully more user friendly. We are seeking ideas about what sort of things should be available on the website in addition, to the present content.

The website is frequently the first place people look when contacting the DSWA GB and as such it needs to be both welcoming and informative. One idea we have, is to include a list of frequently asked questions (FAQ’s) with answers and or links, similar to many other websites. The office receives many email and phone enquiries about simple things such as, “where can I find someone to build me a wall?” “How can I find a training course near to me?” Alison is helping to build up the list.

It is also intended that we improve the discussion forum facility to make it a better place to use and to hopefully increase its use by members and others. Consideration is being given to introducing a ‘DSWA members only’ section of the forum.

A larger photo gallery has also been suggested. Please let me or any other Trustee have your ideas and suggestions. Without your branches input it will be difficult for us to provide what you want.

I look forward to hearing your ideas and suggestions about improving the DSWA GB website.

Ray Stockall
Trustee

If I can just add that all suggestions will be read and considered, there will be some-things we can do and some we cant, I know you will all understand that and reply back with the positive 'onwards and upwards' attitude that I have come to enjoy here on this forum.

Best wishes to you all and thank you for taking the time to read this.

Nigel.
ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ
Nigel
Administrator
Administrator

Return to Discussion Board