Members area

For discussing walling related subjects not included in other headings.

Members area

Postby Nigel » Mon Mar 05, 2012 9:32 pm

Dear all,

I have now set up a members only area on this forum.

You may well have noticed that there is a new user group titled 'full members' you will need to be part of this group and be a paid up member of the DSWA UK to have access to this area. Please bear with me this week as I set this up, I will give you all instructions on how to get in to this area later in the week.

Should you wish to join in the fun but are not a member of the DSWA, please let me know. The Office will not be able to help you, so please don't ring them, this is a members forum run by members and we will organise everything from here. This is also not a snub to those of you that are not members, it merely gives paid up members a little more.

Thanks,

Nigel.
ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ
Nigel
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Members area

Postby Nigel » Tue Mar 06, 2012 8:22 pm

If you would like access to the members area of the forum, please let me know by sending me a PM. You can do this by clicking on my name here and then going to where it says 'send private message'.

See my other posts in this thread.

Again, this has nothing to do with the office, please don't call them or email them, if you have lost your latest copy of the W&D, please PM me and we can work something out, although this may take a little longer.

Thanks,

Nigel.

P.S. If you cant see how to PM me, please reply here DONT PUT THE PASSWORD HERE THOUGH!
Nigel
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Tracey B » Tue Mar 06, 2012 10:20 pm

Nigel. This is great news and genuine progress.
Thank you so much for all the time and effort you have given to the forum on our behalf.
Tracey B
Active Subscriber
Active Subscriber

Postby Tracey B » Sat Mar 24, 2012 7:34 pm

Today I met Nigel; Admin/Mod/Leader extraordinaire of this forum and am in hopes to reassure all contributors here that (IMHO) our Forum is in safe, well intentioned and capable hands.
Last edited by Tracey B on Mon Oct 22, 2012 5:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tracey B
Active Subscriber
Active Subscriber

Postby Nigel » Sun Apr 15, 2012 6:20 am

If you would like access to the members area of the forum, please let me know by sending me a PM.

Please read my other posts in this thread.
Nigel
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Nigel » Mon Jul 30, 2012 7:30 am

Just a note to say that I have moved a few more threads to the Members area, its really easy to carry on with the chat there, instructions are at the start of this thread.

Nigel.
Nigel
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Nigel » Sun Aug 12, 2012 9:02 am

There is a new password, this can be found in the latest Waller and Dyker.

Thanks,

Nigel.
Nigel
Administrator
Administrator

Postby jim scott » Sun Oct 21, 2012 9:08 pm

Nigel,
I am a fully paid up member of The DSWA,why should I have to give a code word, to log on to the members site,any other site I am involved with,if you are a fully paid up member, you are automatically involved with the the discussions on the site,What is the problem on this site,I feel this is totally wrong
jim scott
Active Subscriber
Active Subscriber

Postby Nigel » Mon Oct 22, 2012 6:06 am

Jim,

The Forum here is not run by any Trustees or the office, Neither do they want to administer or give whoever is going to administer the private members area the database of members, I certainly don't want it and the responsibility that goes with it.

If you feel what I have come up with is unfair and too much work, please let me know how else I can distinguish between the general public and members that pay their way. The more work that this is for the Trustees and the office, the less chance there is of the forum staying here, this forum was very close to being pulled about a year ago.

I have been entrusted with this area and have the support of the Trustees in this matter, feel free to join in or not, all I ask is just a little private password amongst members of the DSWA. I will remind you that the private area is mainly for DSWA business so does not involve anybody who does not pay membership. This has been up and running for over 6 months now!

Please see my post on advertising your business here, viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1471 for too long we have advertised non members businesses here and whilst anybody that comes here is free to chat and get involved with the open area, only members that pay membership should be able to advertise here.

This is all about giving the members that pay to support the DSWA more.

I hope that clarifies things. if you have any further issues with the way this is run, please get in touch with Ray Stockall who is the Trustee most involved with the organisation here.

Thanks.
Nigel
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Tracey B » Mon Oct 22, 2012 5:08 pm

Hello Jim. Maybe you could attempt to come at this from the angle of thinking that, as a 'fully paid up member', you are having something given, rather than something taken away by having our own private area.
Nigel has committed much time and effort to making the forum a viable concern for both members and the general public. He is also juggling with trying to keep the board of Trustees happy. Your response to his efforts strikes me as somewhat less than constructive.
I look forward to seeing you 'on the other side'!
Tracey B
Active Subscriber
Active Subscriber

Postby Nigel » Wed Nov 28, 2012 7:25 pm

If you would like access to the members area of the forum, please let me know by sending me a PM. You can do this by clicking on my name here and then going to where it says 'send private message'.

To show you are a member of the DWSA UK, please type the first word on page 4 of the latest W&D (Issue 2 Summer 2015) into the subject of the PM and send it to me.

By doing this, I need know nothing about you and do not need access to the membership database, I will then make you a member of the 'full members' group, from then on you will see the members forum. This will also allow you to advertise your business here on the Forum.

Again, this has nothing to do with the office, please don't call them or email them, if you have lost your latest copy of the W&D, please PM me and we can work something out, although this may take a little longer.

Thanks,

Nigel.

P.S. If you cant see how to PM me, please reply here DONT PUT THE PASSWORD HERE THOUGH!
Nigel
Administrator
Administrator

Return to General Discussion