Village Hall trust needs dry stone wall repaired/training op

Public and professional enquiries and services related to walling/dyking.

Village Hall trust needs dry stone wall repaired/training op

Postby annielou » Thu Mar 11, 2010 4:38 pm

Hi,
I am the secretary of our Village Hall Committee Trust in Dundry, Bristol.
We share our dry stone boundary wall with some house owners and the wall is falling down. :(
The Parish Council have stated it is the Village Hall''s responsibility to repair it but we are a charity and our fundraising goes to general upkeep of the Hall.
The house owners are happy to share the cost of the wall repair but some quotes have been beyond our budget.
Is there anyone/trainee who would be happy to come and have a look at the wall and consider repairing it as a training exercise?

Many thanks and hope to hear from someone! :D
Annie
annielou

Re: Village Hall trust needs dry stone wall repaired/trainin

Postby sapper86 » Sun Oct 03, 2010 8:41 pm

Hi,
I am a beginner at drystone walling and I am currently looking for some training work such as your job. I have done a beginners course with the Cotswold conservation society August 2010 and entered a Cotswold AONB drystone walling competion October 2010. I would however like to know a few things about the job as I have limeted exprience such as is it filling in the middle of a wall or is there a stoped end required? If you are interested in me doing the work then please conntact me at:-
sapper86

Re: Village Hall trust needs dry stone wall repaired/training op

Postby phil » Sat Oct 16, 2010 6:52 pm

Hello there, can you tell me if your problem has been sorted, if not maybe i can help you.
Please call 07815190567
phil
Active Subscriber
Active Subscriber

Re: Village Hall trust needs dry stone wall repaired/training op

Postby phil » Sun Oct 17, 2010 10:54 am

Just to let other readers Know, the wall has been re built by the house owner,(some considerable time ago) only no one had thought to tell the club secretary ?
phil
Active Subscriber
Active Subscriber

Return to Walling Services Offered/Required