BSL demonstration for dry stone wall

For discussing walling related subjects not included in other headings.

BSL demonstration for dry stone wall

Postby Drylostland12 » Tue May 31, 2011 5:05 pm

Should have BSL (British Sign lauguage) in dry stone wall demonstration for deaf people about awareness of dry stone wall?
Drylostland12

Re: BSL demonstration for dry stone wall

Postby Tracey B » Tue May 31, 2011 8:46 pm

Hello Michael.
I will make enquiries about this subject on your behalf and try to find out if any such facility does, or has ever, existed.
In the meantime, what and where exactly would you propose as being your ideal venue for such a demonstration? Given that I don't think it would be feasible for all individual Branches to offer the service and that the Association has a huge geographical distribution across the British Isles.
I look forward to hearing more about this idea from you.
All the best. T
Tracey B
Active Subscriber
Active Subscriber

Postby Drylostland12 » Wed Jun 01, 2011 4:49 pm

Hello Tracey B

I would like research further before i can start demonstration for next year if possible and every year all deaf people from all over UK go to Sign Circle. So i think it is worth for all over branches of dry stone walling.
Drylostland12

Postby Tracey B » Wed Jun 01, 2011 6:47 pm

Michael. I have been to visit the Sign Circle website and find your proposal very interesting. It looks as though the big camping event is usually in the North of England and so if there is already a wall existing on site it would make matters much easier than having to import stone.
As it is not too easy to wall and sign at the same time, and as there would presumably be no shortage of hearing signers on site I would think that any qualified DSWA Instructor and or team of wallers could stage a demonstration while the signer explains what is happening. Or had you in mind a more formal course in which trainees actually got hands on and received some instruction? This would be a bit more complex to organise but should not provide any insurmountable problems.
Best wishes. T
Tracey B
Active Subscriber
Active Subscriber

Postby waller 69 » Fri Jun 03, 2011 6:08 pm

Its a shame you are not in my neck of the woods...I grew up with sign, and my dad can both wall and sign as his brother was born deaf...
waller 69 aka Kev Blackwell
waller 69
Active Subscriber
Active Subscriber

Postby Drylostland12 » Sun Jun 05, 2011 8:09 pm

i am deaf too and love build on dry stone walling, also i grew up with BSL sign. Cheers mate!
Drylostland12

Return to General Discussion