Waller required to repair small break in wall - Oxon

Public and professional enquiries and services related to walling/dyking.

Waller required to repair small break in wall - Oxon

Postby stephanie » Tue Feb 05, 2013 9:32 am

Hi, just had about 4-6ft of wall just collapse. Looking for someone willing to have a go at repairing it for me but skilled people seem hard to find to just do a small repair. Anyone interested in quoting or practising their skills?
stephanie

Re: Waller required to repair small break in wall - Oxon

Postby John Brennan » Sun Feb 10, 2013 7:36 pm

Hi Stephanie
I am a professional dry stone waller who lives in South Yorkshire.I would be very willing to repair your wall .
Hope I can be of help
John

** Only full members can advertise here sorry. **
Stephanie, if you wish to contact John about the work, please use the PM system

Nigel (Admin)
John Brennan

Postby John Brennan » Sun Feb 10, 2013 11:00 pm

Sorry about that Stephanie.They have changed the 'rules' on this web site? hope I can be of help.Kind regards John
John Brennan

Postby Nigel » Mon Feb 11, 2013 7:18 am

Hi Stephanie,

Please feel free to contact John via the PM system here, if he can help you, then great.

Nigel.
ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ
Nigel
Administrator
Administrator

Postby glmurray » Tue Feb 12, 2013 6:47 pm

This seems a bit unfair, a rather narrow interpretation of the rules surely. This kind of work, the small one-off pieces of work that more active professionals tend not to touch, are the lifeblood of the beginner out there trying to build up a portfolio and, as such will also be the lifeblood of the DSWA as that individual progresses towards regular full-time work and no doubt full membership. You dont expect people to become members before they;ve got the ability do you? I started my career from a similiar such advert and now based in central Europe with occassional trips south when the weather hits -10c as it is today there is no DSWA UK branch I could join even if, with a non-British passport, I felt inclined to do so. This also avoids the fact that the DSWA UK is part of an international confraternity and that DSWA UK members have benefitted from the more open policy of that confraternity in the US, Ireland and Canada, namely the advert from NZ offering work to skilled DSWers which appeared on those websites. Could it be that DSWA UK members who dont read the other English language websites didnt get to read the NZ advert because this wonderful offer was also seen as 'advertising'? Bad news if it was.
glmurray

Postby Nigel » Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:49 pm

Any member here on the forum can contact another member here on the forum for work, this is a great place to meet and find people with the expertise to help each other out.

This has not been stopped.

What has been stopped is advertising here free of charge with websites, mobile numbers and portfolio here for all to see. You do not need to be qualified to advertise here, you are more than welcome to PM other members here about work they have for offer. All that has been stopped is advertising by people that do not support the DSWA by becoming a member. It is £24.00 per year for membership of the DSWA, compare that with advertising in a parish magazine or the like and it is extremely good value for money.

As with all organisations, if anybody wishes to change the way the DSWA is run or organised, its best to be a member first.

The lifeblood of the DSWA is its members.

Thanks for understanding.

Should any Members wish to discuss this or change this, please feel free to open a topic in the members area. Thanks.
ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ
Nigel
Administrator
Administrator

Return to Walling Services Offered/Required