Budget costing

Public and professional enquiries and services related to walling/dyking.

Budget costing

Postby Richard123 » Thu Mar 19, 2009 3:21 pm

Hi,

New to this site and first post but I wonder is someone could give me some advice?

I am looking for a ball park figure for having one of my garden walls rebuilt. The wall is standing (just!) but is in poor condition, is c.45.5m long with an average height of 1.4m, the site is generally level but slopes ever so slightly from one end to the other. The wall is straight but I will be putting a pedestrian gate in it and butts up against two other walls which do not need repairing. The site is easily accessable (Staffs/Derbyshire border if that is relevant) and the stone is 'random' limestone.

I appreciate this is a million dollar question but am I looking at 10's, 100's or 1000's of £s.

Many thanks for any help.
Richard123

Re: Budget costing

Postby alan devonport » Sat Mar 21, 2009 9:12 am

Hello Richard,

The answer to your question is that it depends on both the condition of the existing stone and your location. 'The going rate' that we charge up here in south yorkshire can be very different to other areas around britain.

I feel one important point to consider is that a waller, on average constructs around 3 SQUARE metres of wall a day, and it sounds like you actually have around 60-65 square metres of wall. You need to keep this in mind when detemining what an average wage for a Craftsman is in your area.

Hope this helps.

Alan.
alan devonport
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Budget costing

Postby Richard123 » Sun Mar 22, 2009 1:15 pm

Thanks Alan, that's really useful.
Richard123

Return to Walling Services Offered/Required