Have you used a successful Work Tent?

For discussing walling related subjects not included in other headings.

Have you used a successful Work Tent?

Postby rwwalling » Sat Sep 26, 2009 4:42 pm

A number of passers-by etc ask if we use a work tent in winter "Like those other wallers". I have no idea who they have seen, but in the past two decades we have only come across one team who had their's delivered on the back of a Unimog, not much use to most of our situations.
Ideally looking at something round topped like a tunnel cloche where you can roll up the sides to get to the stone and with good anchors, but not too much for two to put up.
The nearest we have found (but not used) is something sold by Northern Tool as a "Garage" and this weighs in at over 100kg, ok if we have the quad or a short walk.

If you have experience of something do let me know, winter is on its way and there could/will be snow again (and rain as usual).
Cheers
Richard (The Yorkshire Dales)
rwwalling

Re: Have you used a successful Work Tent?

Postby Mikeyblue » Sun Oct 04, 2009 8:21 pm

Hi Richard,

Prehaps not the cheapest option but very affective, is an ex-army tent. Any four of the sides can be rolled up if needed, and there is a flap at the bottom which you can put stone on to weigh the whole thing down. Again I know they arent cheap but weighing up how often it will reduce you being rained/snowed off, could be a good investment.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Army-Tent-15ftx21 ... 286.c0.m14

Hope this helps.

Mikeyblue.
Mikeyblue

Return to General Discussion